- Deductible: $55-100
- Effective: At closing or 30 days after enrollment for existing homeowners
- Nationwide coverage
- Protection plan for home appliances
- Covers repair expenses for heating equipment
- Offering remarkable service since 1974
- Silver and Gold upgrade plan available
- 1 year renewable protection plan available
- Excellent customer service experience
- Service calls available 24X7, 365 days a year
What is Old Republic Home Warranty?
The company was initially started as Dependable Home Warranty in the year 1974 and was based in California. In the latter years, the company expanded and it started offering its services to many states in USA since 1995 and continuously striving to add more every year. At the present moment, the company is ranked number 3 in the nation when it comes to size.
It is an insurance company that offers comprehensive protection policy to plan holders against high repair or replacement cost for their home appliances or system. It offers warranty plan coverage on heating and electrical systems, plumbing and on appliances like dishwasher, water heater, garbage disposal, central vacuum system etc. It offers optional coverage on spa and swimming pool equipments, roof coverage, well pump etc. The coverage plan varies from one state to another and it is important that one should check the state specific home warranty plans. It is not just a “one year warranty company” but a company that offers you service for a lifetime.
What Old Republic Home Warranty Does?
The company offers 1 year protection plan against repair that is not covered by the insurance of home owner. The plans are often used by people who are selling their homes, so if any anything needs repair when the home is listed or during escrow, it will not cause any delay in closing. If any of your appliance or home system has broken down, it offers complete repair or replacement. A few items that the company offers coverage are:
- Trash compactors
- Whirlpool Tubs
- Garbage Disposals
- Heating or Cooling system
- Dishwashers and water heaters
Old Republic Home Warranty: Different Plans at a Glance
Apart from 1 year plan, the company also offers various optional plans so as to add more coverage for certain problems that might arise. The standard coverage plan is for a single home family that should not be larger than five thousand square feet. There are two other upgrade plans available that offers extra cover than the standard plan and are discussed under the following headings below:
- Silver Upgrade: The plan offers coverage for dishwasher parts like racks and baskets. Different items that are additionally covered in the plan are clocks, racks, range rotisseries, handles etc. It also offers repair and replacement for air conditioning filters and window units. Shower heads, toilets, shower arms, faucets etc are also covered in the plan. Hard wired or battery operated smoke detectors and ice-makers are other covered items under the Silver Upgrade plan.
- Gold Upgrade: This plan will include payments for different permits that are required in places where replacing certain item requires them. You will get replacement or repair expenses for heavy equipments like air conditioner or any other heating units like roof-top types. You can receive disposal fees when you haul away any old appliance; provided the item is covered under the plan. The best part about the plan is that you can get repair expenses for any item that has been installed incorrectly or there has been some sort of defect during the contract period.
Old Republic Home Warranty: Coverage that Offers Peace of Mind
Normal usage of home appliances often cause wear and tear and it can eventually cause breakdown. It can be quite expensive to get the item repaired or replaced and often people cannot afford it. But Old Republic Home Warranty offers different plans that can provide easy replacement or repair of the equipment in an affordable manner. You can renew the plan after the original year has passed away. The company sends a letter with details on renewal terms and premiums to be paid for the coverage. For better customer convenience, you can renew the policy online from the comfort of your home.
Old Republic Home Warranty: Good Customer Support
At any point of time, if any of your home appliances has broken down and it needs repair, there is no need to worry. All you have to do is to give a call to the company’s toll free number or get online and request their service. It will send a contractor to your home to assess the problem that you have with your equipment. You should know that the company uses independent contractors and they are approved after a tough screening so that they can meet the tough standards and offer you the best customer support without any second thoughts.